You can only bill for one E/M code for same date of service for the senario you listed. What are their separate specialties? The only orthopaedic Drs. that are considered separate specialties are UPPER EXTREMITITEY Drs, so if your spine Dr. did an office visit for the spine,etc.....than the upper extremity Dr. saw the patient for upper extrem.problem that was not related to the cervical spine problem (phanlanx fracture, carpal tunnel, etc...) then you could bill for each.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join