We're a multi specialty practice and we had a patient see 2 doctors of different specialties on the same day. Both billed a 99213. The Orthopedic surgeron billed with dxs 721.0 & 723.4 and the Physical Medicine doc billed dx 722.81 & 721.0. So they saw the pt for the same issue in the same day.
Can I bill these separately since they are different specialties or do I need to put the 2 E/Ms together and bill accordingly? If I bill separately, do I add a modifier 25 to one to get both paid? I had one paid and the other denied as a dupl.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join