Unless this is Addisons' keloid (i.e. Morphea) the diagnosis is the same regardless of size 701.4.
I know that more and more insurance companies want to refuse payment as a purely cosmetic procedure. I find before pictures with letter from physician outlining medical necessity helps in getting a predetermination / preauthorization for the surgery.
(Though now we're seeing denials for the original office visit due to diagnosis .... S I G H)
Hope that was helpful.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join