Different carriers want claims submitted differently. For example, our Medicare carrier and Tricare want the bilateral procedures billed on one line as you have indicated; our local Medicaid wants a left line (31255-LT) and a right line (31255-RT); our local BCBS prefers 31255 and 31255-50. It is a good idea to list your highest reimburseable procedure first on your claim, but most insurance companies have software that "ranks" your lines anyway. Find out what this specific carrier requires for correct payment of your claim and bill accordingly.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join