If the procedure was cancelled after anesthesia was administered, you can bill the procedure code with time. Mod 74 is an ASC modifier, so if you are billing for the Anesthesiologist or CRNA you shouldn't report it, additionally, we have found that mod 53 is generally considered a surgeon's mod not for anesthesia services. Since your services are billed by time, the abreviated time will reduce your billed fee. I always append a V64. dx code to indicate that the procedure was discontinued.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join