We (Ortho B) saw a patient for another Ortho surgeon (Ortho A) (on vacation) this patient was 1 week post closed reduction distal radius. the reduction slipped and Ortho B took patient to surgery for a closed reduction with percutaneous pinning. The patient will follow up with Ortho A. Then I got to thinking... We will bill with modifer -54 'surgery only'. Would Ortho A now get to bill the follow-ups with modifier -55? Or, would he still be obligated under the global period for the closed reduction he performed 1 week prior??
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join