The subject of billing for non face-to-face E/Ms was discussed yesterday at a physician network meeting. Two of the managers mentioned that CPT reads that a physician can provide counseling and/or coordination of care to the patient or family member.
I have searched the CMS website for information and have found a lot of older material.
Does anyone have the most current CMS link regarding coverage and reimbursement for non face-to-face physician services. I am aware that Medicare will not cover these services. I need to provide documentation supporting that although a code may be billable it does not necessarily mean that it is reimbursable by all insurances.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join