It depends on whether the anesthesiologist's services meet the definition for anesthesia services or for conscious sedation. If the criteria for billing anesthesia services are met, you are correct to bill 01920. If the services are conscious sedation only, 99149 - 50 are correct. However, most cardiac cath codes include an allowance for conscious sedation so your doc may have trouble getting paid by some payers.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join