According to the Medlearn 2010 Radiology Coding updates seminar I listened to you are only allowed to report one Cardiac CPT code per patient session. You may also want to check the CCI edits.
Medlearn described the codes this way:
75571 Cardiac CT without contrast (this includes calcium scoring)
75572 Cardiac CT with contrast (used for appraisement of cardiac structure and morphology. This code is not for patients with congenital heart disease)
75573 Cardiac CT with contrast (used for appraisement of cardiac structure and morphology. This code is for patients with known or suspected congenital heart disease)
75574 Coronary Computed Tomographic Angiography (CCTA)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join