I work for two different specialties and their processes are different:
Specialty # 1: ALL our office visits are dictated in the form of a letter to the PCP (or requesting physician). Whether they are a "consultation" or not. A copy of same is sent to the PCP automatically by our transcription service. The "original" is stored in the patient's electronic chart.
Specialty # 2: Office visits are dictated and transcribed by the physician's admin assistant. If it is a consultation, a cover letter is sent to the requesting physician with a copy of the office visit note attached.
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join