Thread: New to Coding Field-Looking for Position

Question New to Coding Field-Looking for Position

Promo: Code Books
    I will graduate with an AAS March 20,2010 and I am taking the CPC exam on April 10, 2010 in Lansing. Any tips out there in where to look or who to ask for positions out there. Any local people in coding field that could help me with some tips. I live in St Clair County, Michigan.

Do you have any medical experience? I have read a lot of posts where CPC-A's are having a difficult time trying to find a job, the best advice I can give you is to try to get your foot in the door in any position that is medical and you could possibly grow with the company and or obtain enough experience to obtain a coding position. I also took my test in Lansing and we had a lot of time before the test started so we were all taliking and aggreed that the growing problem we see is that many people are unemployed and the unemployment agencies are recommending that every one try the medical field along with coding, I dissagree! they are getting peoples hopes up. My company currently is looking to fill a position and we thought first to look on Mi Talent banks website, after our position posted we recieved 126 resumes with only 5 that had potential. It's unfortunate that we have to live in Michigan where there are absolutly no jobs, and no room to grow. Everyday I see another business closing.
    Stephanie Phillips, CPC-H
    sphillips@orhmi.com

Similar Threads

1. Prone position and field avoidance
    By kmaher in forum Anesthesia
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-10-2011, 07:47 PM
  2. Interested in Medical field position
    By kylierosa in forum Employment General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 08:51 AM
  3. Field Avoidance/Prone position