The surgeon is trying to circumvent the rules and is commiting fraud. The pre-operative H&P is ALREADY being PAID as part of the reimbursement for the surgery. Scheduling it a week or more in advance to get around this rule is out and out wrong. I have no problem with the visit being scheduled in advance to ensure there aren't any issues that would preclude going forward with surgery. But you should not be charging for this visit. It is global to the surgery.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join