Per HPCS Level II, Versed has a "special coverage instruction" notation, and the details are found in Appendix A, 100-02 Chapter 15, B3-2049.
Also, coverage may vary from Commercial carriers to Medicare. Per HPCS, "The Medicare program provides limited benefits for outpatient drugs. The program covers drugs that are furnished "incident to" a physician's service provided that the drugs are not ususally self-administered by the patients who take them."
In short, coverage depends on the insurance carrier's policy--for the specific medication administered-- and the policy for services rendered by a CRNA.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join