the 98960 is a code for nonphysicians and nonpractitioners, you use that code for ancillary personnel such as the nurse. I have not had any issue with Medicare or BCBS paying for that code. When you have an office visit and a prolonged code you do not need the 25 as the 99354 is add on. Also I have had reports from some states that APRN, PA and NPs are not allowed to use the prolonged time codes for their billing so FYI you might want to check on that first.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join