its my understanding, and I dont know where to find this in writing, but you can discount up to the lowest contract adjustment, which is probably Medicare. (example: OV charge $100, Medicare allowable is $35.00. You can discount down to the $35.00.) The facility I work for gives a 60% discount for cash pay patients with full payment being due at the time of service. If payment is not received or payment arrangements are made, no discount is given thus the incentive for the patient to come up with the money to get the discount.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join