Yes, you can use CPT code 47562 for a robotic-assisted laparoscopic cholecystectomy. According to the October 2009 Coding Edge issue, "The procedure may sound exotic, but coding laparoscopic robotic-assisted surgery claims isnâ€™t. The primary surgical procedure is laparoscopic and is covered by routine and customary laparoscopic CPTÂ® and ICD-9-CM coding practices. There is no need for unlisted procedure codes or modifier 22 Increased procedural services for robotic assistance (unless, of course, there is no existing laparoscopic code to describe a procedure)." I hope this information helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join