The CPT for insertion of a cardio-defibrillator is 33216 which crosses to 00530 or 00534. 00530 is for a pacemaker and 00534 is for c-d. If your docs are providing anesth for an electrophysiological study (they should document that, and then you would either bill the ASA code 00537 or find an appropriate CPT that crosses to 00537) I don't think that 00537 is always included with an insertion though.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join