64555 is for leads for peripheral nerve stimulation, 63650 is for leads for spinal cord stimulation. Make sure which you are doing. Then, code per lead. So if you implanting two leads, code two leads.
As far as L8680, why would it be 16 units? You have purchased two leads (arrays), so bill two leads.
Again, this is what we do, others may do it differently.
Caution (and you know this): Pay little attention to what reps say. You get audited, not them. I had one rep tell me that a TENS unit fitting was a level 4 office visit!
Richard Mann, your pain management coder
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join