AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Nissen fundoplication

Question Nissen fundoplication

AAPC: Back to School
    Anyone have any suggestions on how to code status post Nissen fundoplication?

Have you looked at 43324 or 43280 (depends upon type), 43325???

Just some thoughts!

Susan, CPC-H

I'm not actually looking for the CPT code for the Nissen procedure, but thank you for the suggestions!! We don't actually do those procedures, but it's good to move outside the box on a regular basis!

What I was looking for were suggestions on how to code a 'status post' fundoplication. I see V codes that indicate status post bypass, etc...but nothing for the fundoplication. I have been using V45.89, Other postprocedureal status. Just wondering if anyone else has had experience with this.

Sorry about that, I wasn't looking hard enough at what you wanted, just assumed CPT as that is what usually everyone is looking for.

Anyway, I would go with the V45.89, as it seems like that encompasses status post surgery other, I use this code quite often myself.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Susan! Appreciate the input!

Similar Threads

1. nissen fundoplication take down?
    By cynthiabrown in forum General Surgery
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 11:22 AM
  2. Endoscopic Nissen fundoplication
    By Alisa Dinneen in forum Gastroenterology
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 07:36 AM
  3. Replies: 0