Patient has third degree electrical burn of hand.
How would you code the following:
Using standard techinique with the aid of surgical loupes and topical lidocaine jelly, the patient's wounds are debrided of necrotic tissue using tissue curette, forceps, and iris scissors. Bleeding is controlled with direct pressure. Debridement reveals that these are third-degree-burns. There is no exposed muscled, tendon, or bone. This procedure involved excision of necrotic full-thickness skin and necrotic subcutaneous fat.
Orders: Daily Santyl enzymatic debriding ointment to the burns.
Should this be 11042 with ICD-9 948.00, 949.3 or could 15002 be used alone?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join