I'm thinking that you should not code the liver resection, as you said it is bundled per the NCCI edits. My logic is: the reason for removal of the liver was because the gallbladder was adhered to it. So in order to remove the gallbladder they had to take some of the liver.
If the circumstance were for instance, While removing the gallbladder your doctor noticed a suspicious lesion on the liver and performed a liver resection. Then I would say code it and use modifer 59 to unbundle it.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join