It depends on who you are billing for-
I bill for an ASC that does this procedure all the time. We supply the Thermachoice. However, it does not meet the requirement of an implant so we cannot bill it. What we have started doing is we carved out code 58563 with our individual payers to insure that the high cost of the supply was covered.
I am not sure if this helps or not, but if you are billing for the physician and he is supplying the Thermachoice then 99070 does seem appropriate.
Caprice Walder, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join