AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Thermachoice

Default Thermachoice

AAPC: Back to School
    Can I bill thermachoice as a supply as it is very expensive and not a routine supply in addition to endo ablation? Do I use the code 99070? help!

Default Caprice

It depends on who you are billing for-

I bill for an ASC that does this procedure all the time. We supply the Thermachoice. However, it does not meet the requirement of an implant so we cannot bill it. What we have started doing is we carved out code 58563 with our individual payers to insure that the high cost of the supply was covered.

I am not sure if this helps or not, but if you are billing for the physician and he is supplying the Thermachoice then 99070 does seem appropriate.

Caprice Walder, CPC
    Last edited by capricew; 03-19-2010 at 08:35 AM. Reason: forgot name

Similar Threads

1. Novasure, Thermachoice, Essure
    By samantha Martel in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-21-2013, 01:28 PM
  2. Failed Thermachoice Uterine Ablation
    By gsasmama in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-17-2012, 09:41 AM