Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

disappointed...

Exam Training Packages
    I too am sorry you feel disappointed by the forums.

You'll notice there are forums for specific topics and for general topics.

I frequently go to the E/M forum as this is my specialty. You may want to consider using the specific forums for some of your questions. You may even think about posting your question in more than one forum.

There are amazing experts reading these forums and replying on a very regular basis.

Nothing is ever perfect; but these forums have really helped a lot of people. This is a great feature of this website.

I do hope you continue to post question and help to answer others questions.

As a member of the AAPCCA board of directors, I encourage you to give the forums another try.

Suzan Berman, CPC, CEMC, CEDC
    Secretary-AAPCCA Board of Directors
    Senior Manager of Coding Education and Billing Compliance
    UPMC
    Pittsburgh, PA

2. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Leily911 View Post
    you just confirmed my point even further. You would take time to go through every one of my posts!!!! That's exactly what I'm trying to say.. if everyone would take time to look-up a code that someone else can't find and help them out, instead of look-up every "post" to prove them wrong.. I would not be writing this post! I did not have to put on 'many posts'. I found my questions posted by other people, who had the same problem and those weren't answered either (in diffrerent category forums as well)!! I search the forum for similar posts before I post a questions, in case someone has already asked and has gotten an answer!! I don't expect people to know my specialty, however I work on 4 different specialties and find it difficult that nobody has any clue to at least one related question.. posted by me or someone else! I wouldn't cared only if I hadn't seen people writing irrelevant posts or replying to CPC pre-exam fear!!!!! This very post got 3 replies.. and yet if it was a coding question, it probably would not!! I am not bashing this forum.. I am just sharing what I observe as a coder, who has tried to use it for what it is meant to offer.
    Actually, I was looking up your previous posts to see if I could help you figure out why you were not getting responses. I work three different contracts and do not have time to look up codes for others unless I have somewhat of a break. However, if it is something that I know without having to look, then I do reply. Otherwise, I may read a post, but may not answer because a. I don't have time to look it up or b. I don't have the slightest clue and again, do not have time to look it up. Nobody is here to bash on fellow coders and I sure do not like to have an assumption made of me when I was just trying to help you out. Good luck!

Default thanks!
    Lisa Curtis, Rammon, and njlind.. thanks a bunch for offering to help. I also didn't mention that I called several coding offices trying to find people in the same specialties to help! I have several questions, which I will put in one message and will post it, so at least they all get a chance to be addressed. I code cardiology, neurology, ortho and some general. I code in an orthopedic surgery office and do all the others from home. However my questions are mostly in Neurology and Cardiology. I will post the questions here later this afternoon and hope I can get some input.

Thanks to all.

Default Please one question per post
    Quote Originally Posted by Leily911 View Post
    I have several questions, which I will put in one message and will post it, so at least they all get a chance to be addressed. I code cardiology, neurology, ortho and some general. I code in an orthopedic surgery office and do all the others from home. However my questions are mostly in Neurology and Cardiology. I will post the questions here later this afternoon and hope I can get some input.

Thanks to all.
    Peggy,
    Please only put one question per post. It makes it much easier to get a qualified response than if you list multiple issue that may be totally unrelated.

For cardiology and Ortho, I think your best bet would be to post in those specific forums. The true experts in those areas may have limited time to "surf" the entire forum, but will definitely check their specialty forum. Of course, you can always post the question here if you prefer.

Hope that helps.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC

Angry
    I am not surprised that I had a bad review for this opinion............

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12