The following information was taken from:http://www.physicianspractice.com/in...cleID/1416.htm
â€œAdditional workup is defined as workup that is planned beyond the time of the present encounter. For example, a physician sees a patient in the office and determines additional information is needed to complete the medical decision or treatment plan. The physician sends the patient for further testing, such as diagnostic studies, clinical labs, etc., but the patient does not return to see the physician on the same day. In this scenario, the diagnostic studies constitute additional workup planned."
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join