Depending on what type of pump you use, the method could vary. However, many pumps can be reprogrammed from outside the body; usually with a small computer. The provider uses a programmer to set and/or adjust the dosage, drug flow rate, etc. Small amounts of medication are delivered into the spinal canal, directly to the pain receptors in the spinal cord. This blocks the pain sensation from being interpreted by the brain. Typically, it only takes a few minutes to reprogram the pump.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join