Reporting 36245 -50 x 1, indicates a bilateral procedure. It seems inappropriate to report 36245 -50 x 2 for a bilateral renal angiogram; hence the "overpayment".
If 36245 -50 x 2 was reported to Medicare on a hospital claim, it would generate a billing edit; OCE 74 Units Greater than one for bilateral procedure billed with modifier -50
Hope this helps,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join