Kathy, is the Rehab setting inpatient or outpatient rehab? That will drive what codes you use. Our hospital has a comprehensive inpatient rehab facility (POS 61) and for that setting, you use regular IP codes, either consult or subsequent care codes. If, however, it is a comprehensive OP rehab facility (POS 62), you would use OP codes, either consult or E/M. One problem I can see, however, is pre-authorization if inpatient. If the hospital is only billing the Work Comp carrier, would they have pre-authorized the stay with the medical insurance? You may want to check that out first. I hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join