64495-RT (this code can only be billed once) you are now limited to 3 levels.
Depending on your carrier. Medicare requires you to use the 50 mod for bilateral procedures, but some other payers want left and right.
Make sure you're billing your facet joint injections by level not by vertebra.
for example L4-L5 is one level.
One other thing I would mention is that none of my payers cover this procedure for back pain as the dx. I would try to get a more specific dx like spondylosis 721.3 but again, check with your carriers for their specific policies on it.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join