Both good questions!
#1. Not everyone who has a UTI will have hematuria and not everyone with hematuria will have a UTI, I would code both if there is a question.
#2. I have always been told to code the reason for the visit/test. If they are doing the UA to make sure UTI is resolved, I would code the UTI since you don't know it's resolved until you do the test...
I'm sure other's have opinions as well.
Good luck, looking forward to seeing what other's say.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join