I have been doing radiology coding for 8 years and I have never heard of billing an extra code for a change in coil. I checked encoderpro for any descriptions on C1770 and it says it is only billable for a facility, so it may depend on your location. I have always billed for the physicians, not the hospital. Encoderpro states, "Packaged service/item; no separate payment made." You could also check the RVU amount. If it is zero chances are there is no separate payment made for this code.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join