Family therapy is when the patient comes in with one or more members of the family into a therapy or med managment session. It can also be if one of the family members have an issue about the patient they can go in and see the therapist under the patients name and that is still considered family therapy. When family is involved with the patients recovery it doesn't matter whether the family is present or not as long as they show up a few times and keep in contact with the family. Use codes 90846 or 90847.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join