Yes, you may report three first order catheterizations [36245-50, 36245-59]. About 20% of patients have accessory renal arteries. These are commonly referred to as superior and inferior poles. Each pole represents a unique vascular family and if selectively catheterized should be reported as a first order catheterization. In addition, imaging of an accessory renal artery can be separately reported. In this case, you would report 75724-26 for bilateral imaging of the renal arteries and 75774-26 for imaging the additional pole.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join