Is the "re-read" at the request of another physician? If so, the review could be reported with 76140. In order to report this, there would have to be a request on file, renders his/her opinion, and sends a written report of their findings. (Same concept of a consultation)
If a patient simply brings the xrays to their visit, this would be considered part of the E/M visit. The physician will still received credit, for scoring purposes, for reviewing the xray (Amount/Complexity of data).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join