The anesthesia code 00142 is the correct code for cataract surgery. The diagnosis code 366.9 is for an unspecified cataract. Our company usually tries to stay away from this code because most carriers want more specificity. The modifier QK is for medical direction of two, three or four concurrent anesthesia procedures provided by the anesthesiologist, and the QX is for anesthesia, CRNA medically directed. Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join