I just checked the CMS website and there is no announcement of a modifer for consultations. However he may be referring to prolonged time codes which have always been available to use in additon to the initial inpatient codes and the new or established office visit codes. These require specific documentation from the provider and yes if all the documentation is there and the medical necessity is good then a visit level plus prolonged time will pay more than the now invalid consult codes did.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join