What is a Weil Osteotomy and how do you code it? The patient has a dislocated 2nd metatarsal due to Hallux Valgus of the left foot. The procedure done was Austin osteotomy of the hallux valgus with Weil osteotomy of the 2nd metatarsal. I coded 28296-LT with 28308-LT. I'm not sure if that's correct. If anyone could provide some guidance that would be greatly appreciated.
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join