I would not bill a consult and an admit/discharge on the same day. I would just bill the admit/discharge on the same day code for this. Per CPT when a patient is admitted to the hospital as an inpatient in the course of an encounter in another site of service (such as ED) all E/M services provided by that physician in conjunction with that admission are considered part pf the initial hospital care when performed on the same date as the admission. I would use the work the physician provided as the consult and the admission note to determine my admit/discharge code.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join