I don't have anything in writing about this per se but you could find something on Medicare's website about two doctors documenting on the same day. If they are from the same specialty (which I am assuming they are), you can only bill for one and its really up to you (or the doctors) which one you bill under. You can use both notes when leveling the service. Since discharge services are billed based on time, you can combine the time in both notes (if documented). If not time is documented, I would just bill out 99238.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join