This is for a pre-certification, so we do not have an op note yet.
We have a patient who wears a helmet due to a brain injury as an infant. Now she has a pressure ulcer on her scalp and doctor is going to excise it. There are codes for pressure ulcers on the lower half of the body, but nothing for scalp.
Should we use complex repair codes? 15999 (Unlisted, excision pressure ulcer)? Some other code or combination of codes?
Thanks in advance for your help.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join