There is an AHA coding clinic regarding this and I believe it is the M-J 1985 one. If you have a vague state like metastatic colon ca. Then if this is more common as a primary site then you code it as primary with unknown secondary (199.1). If this is a site that more common as a secondary site (like bone) the you code a metastatic ca with unknown primary (199.1). Colon ca is more common as a primary so use the code for primary colon ca with unknown secondary(199.1).
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join