I don't do anything other than have my surgeons sign the participation form every year. We have a quality department that enters all the information into the STS database then they do the rest.
I am concerned about the E-prescribe requirement. Right now it is a bonus payment but in 2012 it will become a deduction if you don't do it. The CVT providers do not write that many scripts, you have to have at least 25 unique medicare patients to qualify. There is no way we could qualify. The only scripts they give on a regular basis are inpatient, then they are managed by the PCP. I have the question in to a higher level at CMS to find out what we are supposed to do.
Good luck, this PQRI stuff is a pain. I hate claims based, we do that in our FP/IM offices.
Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join