Hi there. I was recently trying to code just a 'laser skin resurfacing' and could only come up with the unlisted 17999 code. According to the lay descriptions of the 15780-15783 - the dermabrasions - the surgeon has to use a 'powered rotary instrument' (not a laser.) SO you could use one of those if coding for a dermabrasion but you'd have to use the 17999 for the laser skin resurfacing. And include the op notes for the unlisted. And from what I can see, commercial payers may not pay for the laser skin resurfacing - it depends on the diagnosis.
If anyone else out there knows of a different code to use for stand alone 'laser skin resurfacing', please reply!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join