WOW!!! This one is tough. I would read the definition for CPT code 14020.
I think the procedure you are describing could be called a marsupialization. But without reading all the note I would look at 14020 and if the knee wound is infected I would look at CPT code 10180. But because the wound was revised and it appears to be a secondary defect repair it would be better described as 14020. Let me know what it turns out to be.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join