63005=The physician makes an incision in the skin to access the spinal column. The physician removes the gelatinous covering of the vertebrae and removes bone or other tissue that is compressing the spinal cord. The physician performs the procedure on one or two vertebrae in the lower back.
63267=The physician removes the lamina from a vertebra in the lower back and removes a non-cancerous lesion from the spinal cord outside the dural sheath.
It appears that 63267 is the better fit. It also looks like the cyst is outside the dura..."We extended the hemilaminectomy above the facet cyst to get to normal dura above and below the facet cyst"
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join