on #1 check the admit time per the hospital record and then see if the physican recorded the time on his admit note, if they do not agree then you may need to speak with the hospital about changing the admit date.
#2 You need to find out why the hospital billed as an obs. They cannot do this without an order from the physician to admit to obs. There for if you have the order that states admit to ICU and there is no change in that status from the physician then you should be reimbursed on the physician side but you do have the documentation to appeal with. As far as the hosptial goes if they billed as obs and were denied and are now out of the 90 time frame they are done.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join