AAPC - Back to school

Thread: too much information??

Default too much information??

AAPC: Back to School
    This report has me very confused. In the final report, the doctor performed :
    1. right knee arthroscopy with microfracture of patella
    2. MPFL reconstruction
    3. allograft to hamstrings????(what is this)
    4. extensive three compartment synovitis
    5. chondroplasty of the lateral tibial plateau
    6. lysis of adhesions
    7. removal of osteophyte from patella
    So far I have come up with 27427 and 29879. I am leaning towards everything else being bundled???? Is 27415 an applicable code? The dictation does not reference where the graft comes from. It states "after marking the point, the graft was repaired on the back table putting running suture in one of the three ends. The graft was sized at 5 mm." That is the first mention of the graft and the note does document placement of the graft in the patella and femoral tunnel. Is someone willing to decipher this with me?

An allograft is a donor graft--not harvested from the patient.

Regarding the procedures the surgeon performed, can you post the scrubbed op report?

I would love to post the report. Unfortunately I am not technically capable to do so as all I have is a paper document. Anyone willing to review via fax? I have no idea how to get from a paper document into our emr.

Similar Threads

1. Is this Information Right?
    By ksamples in forum Urology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 03:09 PM
  2. Need information.
    By prem_ponnuru in forum Cardiology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 05:16 PM
  3. information Please
    By lfrenzl in forum Plastic Surgery
    Replies: 4