Double check the compartments. (and payers)
29880 - Meniscectomy can be billed with a 29876 Synovectomy using modifiers according to payers, however the 29876 Synovectomy and 29877 Chondroplasty are bundled.
For the Chondroplasty, consider using the G0289 -this is not bundled with the other codes, and can be reported X2 if the physician perfoms these procedures in two compartments. Don't forget your modifiers or this may be a headache for you.
As for the diagnostic arthroscopy, I would only bill this if it was done in the Patello Femoral compartment as surgical procedures were done in the medial and lateral compartments.
Hope I didn't confuse you much! Have a great day!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join