I would bill this an IV Push only. The E&M service was not above & beyond what is required to accomplish the procedure. There is a little history, but it sounds like the provider is just summarizing from the visit 2 days prior and he specifically says the patient is here for testing.
The documentation shows the IV infusion only lasted a couple of minutes and CPT says infusions less than 15 minutes are coded as a push, 90774.
Yes, you'll have to use J3490.. there still isn't a code for this.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join