If I'm correct, I believe the 97112 would be more to strengthen or improve the muscles in some way. Maybe with exercises? wobble boards, exercise balls?
The 97140 would be more to relieve pain or discomfort, or to relax the muscles, and is strictly hands-on(manual) - ie massage.
This is just my own interpretation of the codes, and based on what I do know. Can anyone else verify or dispute this..?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join