"...when performing a qualitative drug screening test for multiple drug classes that does not use chromatographic methods, new test code G0430 is the appropriate code to bill." -from MLN MattersÂ® Number: SE1001
Code choice is based on the method (chromatography vs. other methods) and single vs. multiple drug classes. For single drug class method, 80101 is replaced by G0431 as of 4/1/2010 (for CMS, no necessarily for other payers). For multiple drug classes, 80100 is still used if the testing method is chromatography. If another method is used, G0430 should be billed.
that's my interpretation, anyway.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join