No the physican can not bill for the office visit, CPT books state when ...admitting as inpt. in the course of and encounter in another site (eg. office)all E&M services provided by that MD in conjuction with that admission are considered part of the initial hospital care when preformed on the same day of service...
If our MD's admit on the same day of serivce we do not not bill however if the pt. is not admitted until the next day we charge the E&M. Remember you can still charge for all other services done in office example labs, chemo, vaccines ect. if the pt is admitted same day
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join